Q. While breastfeeding, can I get my damaged tooth out?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Aug 24, 2018

I have a 4-month-baby boy. I am doing breastfeeding. My tooth is entirely damaged. So I am planning to remove my tooth. Is it correct or not? I am taking medicine for it. Please tell me a suggestion.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

It is better to remove a damaged tooth. You can take some antibiotics and painkiller medicines. Take Amoxicillin 500 mg for three days after extraction. It does not affect your kid. Ask your dentist about particular medications while breastfeeding.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I am bleeding, four hours after a tooth extraction. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,About four hours ago, I had a tooth removed. It has started to bleed again, and I rinsed my mouth with water. I read online that you should not do that. My gum is really hurting. Am I going to be fine?  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Slight bleeding from the site of extraction is normal within 24 hours of extraction. But if bleeding is severe, you should immediately consult a dentist or go to an emergency room. As of now, you should bite on a sterile piece of gauze and apply gentle pressure, so that b...  Read Full

Can you take Tylenol with Amoxicillin?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection. I immediately took one Amoxicillin as I walked out of the dental office and for the rest of th...  Read Full >>

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. The allergic reaction can be due to Amoxicillin only, because Acetaminophen and Codeine will not cause any allergic reaction. I suggest you to stop Amoxicillin. You can use any of the Cephalosporin ins...  Read Full

How can we stop excessive bleeding from tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, It has been eight hours now. I have extracted three teeth at the same time. There is excessive bleeding from the extracted site. Is this deadly?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Drink a lot of water and follow the medication prescribed by the dentist. You can use ice in the extracted site to stop the bleeding. If it still continues to bleed, consult your dentist. If it stops, then from the next day, rinse mouth with salt water and turmeric mixt...  Read Full