Q. What has caused a deep hole inside my back molar tooth, and how to treat it?

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

I feel incredibly terrified of going to the dentist. The large piece of filling in my back molar chipped off. There is a large hole that is very deep inside the tooth. What has caused this? And what might be the treatment? It is not causing me any pain. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. That is deep cavitation that may convert to a potential root canal infection. If you do not prevent this decayed infection, it will continue to infect the attached jaw or nerves. So, I suggest not to ignore your dental health and consult me immediately for antibiotic medications and treatment strategies. If it is not causing pain, the tooth is dead or nonvital, but as the jaw, sinus, and nerves are all living structures, a spread of dental infection can turn serious. If you need a detailed prescription and treatment plan, consult me and let me know if it is your upper or lower molar.

I hope you understand.

|