Tooth Filling

Is it okay to get tooth filled without getting it cleaned post-five-day prescription of tablets?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it okay to get a tooth cavity filled without getting it cleaned post-five-day prescription of two tablets? Does this have consequences?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cavity is always cleaned before filling it up. Five days medication is fine that is to subside any further infection. Caries, if present, are never left as it is. There may be another case if it is simply a hole or broken area and not carious but that is also irr...  Read Full »

My 7-year-old had a filling a month ago and has pain in it now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My 7-year-old child had a small filling about a month ago in his top premolar (baby tooth). Two weeks later he said it hurts a little when biting and with temperature. I have taken him to two different pediatric dentists who did X-rays and did not see any cracks in the filling or infect...  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly it is not a premolar but a deciduous molar, as premolars are absent in baby's dentition. And please check if the baby is having sensitivity or pain. There is a small difference between the two, which we can differentiate while a baby cannot. If the cavity is ...  Read Full »

My gums turned white and purple after replacement of a filling. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I had a replacement of a filling in my first lower molar. Today I noticed that from the side closer to the cheek my gum between first and second molar turned white and purple. It seems to be dead. My tooth does not hurt. I had an injection with anesthetic, but it was differe...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not overthink about this. If you have no pain and swelling, you should not be worried about that change. Sometime during the filling procedure, high-speed instrument touches surround gum tissue and make some traumatic ulcers, which gets cured automatically ...  Read Full »

My teeth are quite sensitive and the pain is so bad while brushing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,It has been over two years since I brushed my teeth however, I have no physical signs of decay. I have recently (last three months) tried every sensitivity toothpaste known over the counter because my teeth are susceptible. Whenever I brush my teeth, the pain is so bad. I nearly faint I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you suffer from susceptible teeth. You say that there are no signs of decay, I ask you, is it severe sensitivity can be a sign? However, to be accurate in commenting, I will share my thoughts and the things we need to do to diagnose this. If you hav...  Read Full »

Why is my cheek sore after a filling?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth filling approximately 10 hours ago and felt excruciating pain when the local anesthesia was injected. I experienced pain from my cheek all the way up to my temple. The dentist was very rushed and just told me that the pain and numbing sensation could last for up to 2 hours...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you regained sensation, which means the nerve was anesthetized properly and has reverted too. The numbness, pain, and swelling in your cheek might be due to accidental injection into the cheek muscles. I want you to check yourself if you can ope...  Read Full »

Can I get a filling fixed while running a low-grade fever from a UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I get a filling fixed while running a low-grade fever from a UTI?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Theoretically, yes. But, practically I would not suggest you get it done as you will not be comfortable (mainly because of the water spray from the handpiece or drilling machine) and that will make it difficult for the dentist too. If it is an emergency or you do not...  Read Full »

I have chipped tooth without any symptoms. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I chipped my molar, but am just making sure that it is just a small chip. The molar was already calcified and has been sealed as a result of that. There is no sensitivity, pain, or any symptoms. Wondering if I would get it sealed again or just something to be cautious about....  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The broken part seems to be a small part in the enamel layer, you do not have any pain or symptoms, so I believe this tooth is fine and it can be restored with composite filling to prevent any cavi...  Read Full »

Will not using water during cavity preparation cause any problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal today. When the doctor (a root canal specialist) made the hole into my silver filling, he did not use water. I thought dentist were supposed to use water when they take out a silver filling. Should he have done that?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, water is used usually to open the chamber of the tooth at first visit of root canal treatment. Somehow, maybe he has put water pressure so low that you did not get to notice or maybe suction would be done on spot by the assistant, so you did not get to spit. If no wa...  Read Full »

What can be done for tooth decay associated with pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tooth decay for the past five weeks and it is causing a lot of pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your tooth enamel chipped off, exposing dentin and inner layers of the tooth. This might have opened root nerves too and that is why you are having pain. Start taking tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days. If the pain gets relieved by it, it means there is no...  Read Full »

The filling in tooth after root canal has dislodged. Do I need root canal treatment again?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done two years ago. They had to drill into a new crown. The crown was filled afterward. Today I noticed a hole where the filling was. I am scared now that the root canal is going to get reinfected. Is there a good chance that the crown can just be refilled? Or is th...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. In case there is no pain and swelling, the tooth is not infected. The root canal is always filled with gutta percha material and sealed. The filling is done after the root canal procedure is properly d...  Read Full »