Tooth Filling

My gums turned white and purple after replacement of a filling. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I had a replacement of a filling in my first lower molar. Today I noticed that from the side closer to the cheek my gum between first and second molar turned white and purple. It seems to be dead. My tooth does not hurt. I had an injection with anesthetic, but it was differe...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not overthink about this. If you have no pain and swelling, you should not be worried about that change. Sometime during the filling procedure, high-speed instrument touches surround gum tissue and make some traumatic ulcers, which gets cured automatically ...  Read Full »

How to treat my tooth cavity without root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth cavity. Does it require root canal treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Shipra Chaudhary

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have pain in your tooth?  Read Full »

How to help my husband who has got pain and swelling post deep filling in his molar tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband had a deep filling in his upper second to last molar (left side). About several hours later, he started having discomfort and taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen interchangeably. Now, it has been the second day with severe pain and his cheek is swollen. And the gum over the tooth is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this condition the tooth should not be filled and instead, root canal should be done. As the filling was near the pulp, pulpal irritation is causing the pain. Take tablet Amoxiclav (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg one tablet twice daily for five days, Z...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in my decayed tooth even after filling?

Query: Hello doctor, I had tooth decay and got it fixed at my dentist. After that, I started feeling pain and my dentist told me it is because of the sinus, I started using salt sprays. After a few days, I could still feel the pain. Yet he did an x-ray and could not figure out what is wrong but I am still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are certainly correct. Do warm saline gargle three to four times a day. Your dentist should have taken an x-ray before filling it. Please take tablet Sporidex (Cephalexin) 500 mg 1 tablet twice after meals for five days, Metrogyl ER 1 tablet twice after me...  Read Full »

I have toothache after the tooth filling chipped off. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I flossed by a tooth where a filling almost came out and my tooth and gum have been hurting all night. Also have a tooth that is by this molar that fell or chipped out. I do not know if it is an abscess or an exposed nerve in my molar that is right behind it. Took Tylenol 2 every 6 ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the pain sharp or dull? Any gum swelling? If the pain is sharp, lancinating and referring to the same side jaw, temple, ear or throat, then this could be from the tooth with the chipped out filling. Most chipped out fillings expose the underlying nerve which cause...  Read Full »

Is there any gel to suppress tooth sensitivity due to fallen tooth filling?

Query: Hello doctor, I take Sompraz D20 on an empty stomach every day. I also take Libotryp at night for stomach TB for the last one year. I have pain in my lower teeth while eating anything. One year ago a small cavity was also detected for which I underwent airbrushing and filling. I suspect that the fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, the first thing that I need to know is that, is whether the pain is present in a single tooth or multiple teeth? As you mentioned in your question that the filling has come out, so please make it clear that is the tooth that has lost filling is painful ...  Read Full »

Is it okay to get tooth filled without getting it cleaned post-five-day prescription of tablets?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it okay to get a tooth cavity filled without getting it cleaned post-five-day prescription of two tablets? Does this have consequences?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cavity is always cleaned before filling it up. Five days medication is fine that is to subside any further infection. Caries, if present, are never left as it is. There may be another case if it is simply a hole or broken area and not carious but that is also irr...  Read Full »

My 7-year-old had a filling a month ago and has pain in it now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My 7-year-old child had a small filling about a month ago in his top premolar (baby tooth). Two weeks later he said it hurts a little when biting and with temperature. I have taken him to two different pediatric dentists who did X-rays and did not see any cracks in the filling or infect...  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly it is not a premolar but a deciduous molar, as premolars are absent in baby's dentition. And please check if the baby is having sensitivity or pain. There is a small difference between the two, which we can differentiate while a baby cannot. If the cavity is ...  Read Full »

My teeth are quite sensitive and the pain is so bad while brushing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,It has been over two years since I brushed my teeth however, I have no physical signs of decay. I have recently (last three months) tried every sensitivity toothpaste known over the counter because my teeth are susceptible. Whenever I brush my teeth, the pain is so bad. I nearly faint I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you suffer from susceptible teeth. You say that there are no signs of decay, I ask you, is it severe sensitivity can be a sign? However, to be accurate in commenting, I will share my thoughts and the things we need to do to diagnose this. If you hav...  Read Full »

Why is my cheek sore after a filling?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth filling approximately 10 hours ago and felt excruciating pain when the local anesthesia was injected. I experienced pain from my cheek all the way up to my temple. The dentist was very rushed and just told me that the pain and numbing sensation could last for up to 2 hours...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you regained sensation, which means the nerve was anesthetized properly and has reverted too. The numbness, pain, and swelling in your cheek might be due to accidental injection into the cheek muscles. I want you to check yourself if you can ope...  Read Full »