Q. Why do I get sensitivity after tooth filling fell out?

Dr. Honey Nandwani

I take Sompraz D20 on an empty stomach every day. I also take Libotryp at night for stomach TB for the last one year. I have pain in my lower teeth while eating anything. One year ago a small cavity was also detected for which I underwent airbrushing and filling. I suspect that the filling came out from my lower teeth yesterday.

I have this tooth sensitivity for the last 15 days. It pains a lot when I eat otherwise it is fine. I also take Duonase nasal spray two times. Also for dry eyes, I take I-Dew DS eye drops. My recent vitamin D is 25.48 ng/ml. Suggest me any gel or cream to cure this cavity. Also, I am highly sensitive and allergic to smell. So please prescribe me gel or cream accordingly.

#

See, the first thing that I need to know is that, is whether the pain is present in a single tooth or multiple teeth? As you mentioned in your question that the filling has come out, so please make it clear that is the tooth that has lost filling is painful alone or more teeth also?

Also, please click the picture of your teeth that are painful and upload. Please revert back with the answer.

What is ultrasonic teeth cleaning? Also, what is manual teeth cleaning? Which is more effective?

#

Ultrasonic teeth cleaning is done using electronic teeth cleaning device or an ultrasonic scaler. Manual is done using simple non-electronic or hand instruments. There are different indications for the type of scaler to be used and accordingly the efficacy varies. You would like yo know in what regards? In normal condition, ultrasonic cleaning is better. I hope this helps.

My last two molar teeth have turned almost black (downside molar). Also, I had the filling done in other molar teeth (in the downside central teeth). I have the pain where filling came out. Also, is airbrushing effective? Or manual is effective? Is manual cleaning painful?

#

If the pain in only in the tooth where the filling is lost then probably it needs refilling. But first, it has to be made sure that the nerve is not exposed. For this, you should get an x-ray done.

Secondly, as I previously told that I need to see a picture of teeth that needs cleaning then I can tell better. However, in normal cases, ultrasonic cleaning is better.

Immediately after ultrasonic teeth cleaning, can I get the filling done? Or I have to wait for 24 hours and then get the filling done?

#

You should wait for 24 hours ideally. Do you have any pain or sensitivity post cleaning? Please let me know.

|