Q. My molar is slightly wiggly. Can retainers be the cause?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I suspect that I have receding gums. My molar tooth is slightly wiggly but does not affect my eating at all. There is a black line (kind of denting in) on the side of my molar. I do put on retainers, but not very regularly. Could that be why my molar is shaky?

#

Yes, you do have a little bit of gingival recession (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but it is not too much to be treated with surgical intervention. You need to replace your brush and use an ultra-soft brush. Avoid soft drinks if you are taking too much. You also need to brush properly, check a video of modified Bass technique for tooth brushing online and do brushing accordingly. The black line may be the stain, for that you may need a dental prophylaxis (scaling).

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|