Q. How to get relief from a tooth pain after biting something hard?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

My son is 12 years old. He bit a cookie yesterday, and it has hit his tooth. Now, he has a pain in the tooth. What to do now?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

If it is a permanent tooth then, wait for a day or two. If there is no sign of any visible fracture line, allow them to heal after sudden blunt trauma. On considering his age, if it is a milk tooth, then it has to be removed. If there is a pain, then consult a dentist soon and get an X-ray done to know whether there is a fracture in the root.

| 

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full »

I am bleeding, four hours after a tooth extraction. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,About four hours ago, I had a tooth removed. It has started to bleed again, and I rinsed my mouth with water. I read online that you should not do that. My gum is really hurting. Am I going to be fine?  Read Full »

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »