Q. How to get relief from a tooth pain after biting something hard?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Nov 29, -0001 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

My son is 12 years old. He bit a cookie yesterday, and it has hit his tooth. Now, he has a pain in the tooth. What to do now?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

If it is a permanent tooth then, wait for a day or two. If there is no sign of any visible fracture line, allow them to heal after sudden blunt trauma. On considering his age, if it is a milk tooth, then it has to be removed. If there is a pain, then consult a dentist soon and get an X-ray done to know whether there is a fracture in the root.

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tongue numbness is caused by nerve injury or irritation at the time of giving local anesthesia before your tooth removal or even due to the closeness of the roots of your tooth to the nerve bundle. However, this is usually transient and there is a gradual recovery of ...  Read Full

I am bleeding, four hours after a tooth extraction. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,About four hours ago, I had a tooth removed. It has started to bleed again, and I rinsed my mouth with water. I read online that you should not do that. My gum is really hurting. Am I going to be fine?  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Slight bleeding from the site of extraction is normal within 24 hours of extraction. But if bleeding is severe, you should immediately consult a dentist or go to an emergency room. As of now, you should bite on a sterile piece of gauze and apply gentle pressure, so that b...  Read Full

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got gastritis due to painkillers. Avoid spicy, fatty and oily food. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest and take multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domp...  Read Full