Q. Kindly interpret my dental x-ray and explain the cause of my chronic toothache.

Dr. Bharat Joshi

I have a chronic toothache problem. I took an x-ray of that tooth. Is there anything wrong with this x-ray?

I am currently on Citalopram 40 mg and Doxycycline.

#

I have seen the x-ray. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your left central incisor is showing internal resorption. I suggest you to please continue your medications for at least five days and then go for RCT (root canal treatment) for this tooth.

Infection in 31.

Already done.

Internal resorption.

Instead of Citalopram take Aceclofenac 100 mg and Metrogyl (Metronidazole) twice daily for five days.

Please go by instructions and update me of any problem.

How long would a root canal tooth last after treatment, and is it a serious issue?

#

The root canal has a good prognosis, and if you can maintain good hygiene, it can last up to a minimum of 20-25 years and a maximum of 35-40 years unless some postoperative infection is there.

Regarding the seriousness of internal resorption, it is just starting, and you are having so much pain. If it is treated as early as possible, there are fewer chances of pain and infection. So I suggest to get it done timely to prevent further infection.

Internal resorption.

X-ray already done.

RCT prognosis (chief complaint).

After completion of the course.

Warm saline rinses and avoid eating hard food.

Whenever you feel any problem.

Is internal resorption a serious issue?

#

Internal resorption is not so serious as an emergency. But it is going to extend into the whole of your pulp.

You are already having so much pain. So I suggest that after completion of the antibiotic course, please find time for RCT.

Infection or trauma.

Already done.

Internal resorption.

Internal resorption.

Medications already going on.

I request you to get treatment as soon as possible. I can say it is not an emergency so you can give some delay probably 2-3 months since internal resorption will not spread so fast into your pulp.

| 

Will antibiotics affect the sputum report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cough for about a week. It is a mild one with a bit sore throat. So, I did my sputum test in a laboratory and the following are the results I received today. Acid fast bacilli smear - acid fast bacilli not detected. In sputum culture and sensitivity, culture - negative, organism - ...  Read Full »

Will antibiotics help to improve IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is now 55 years and has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for over a year. Her condition was not so bad before. She was diagnosed with intestinal disease and was given some antibiotics like Flagyl or Metronidazole. After she took those pills for a month, she h...  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»