Q. What causes toothache with hard bump in the gum?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have pain in my molar tooth on lower right side and under it is a hard bump in my gum. The pain is only when I eat or touch bump or tooth. Please help.

#

That bump seems to be an abscess collection from your explanation and the infection in your tooth has reached pulp. You should go to your dentist at the earliest, he or she will get your X-ray done and then treatment will begin. First of all, abscess drainage is a must followed by antibiotic therapy. Take care. Follow up after two days.

|