Q. What causes toothache with hard bump in the gum?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
Published on Sep 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

I have pain in my molar tooth on lower right side and under it is a hard bump in my gum. The pain is only when I eat or touch bump or tooth. Please help.

#

That bump seems to be an abscess collection from your explanation and the infection in your tooth has reached pulp. You should go to your dentist at the earliest, he or she will get your X-ray done and then treatment will begin. First of all, abscess drainage is a must followed by antibiotic therapy. Take care. Follow up after two days.

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics and that will he...  Read Full

What is the most effective way to get rid of severe toothache?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the most effective way to get rid of a severe toothache? Last Sunday, I went to a different clinic for tooth filling because my dentist went abroad for vacation. In fact, it lessened the pain but afterward, it became more painful. So I contacted my dentist for medicine to take...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to say that a simple filling cannot be a treatment for a tooth in pain. The pain itself occurs only because of infection inside the tooth. Yes, as the other dentist said, it could be a dental abscess. You have also mentioned that you have severe pa...  Read Full