Q. Please view my wife's transthoracic echo doppler report and tell us what is wrong.

My wife's transthoracic echo doppler report interpretations are as follows.

1. No regional wall motion abnormality (LVEF 60 %).

2. Normal cardiac chamber dimensions.

3. a.Trace MR.

b. Trace TR, normal PASP.

4. IVC is normal in diameter.

5. No LV Clot, vegetation, pericardial effusion.

Are these findings fine, or is there anything to worry?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

This echo is normal, however considering her diabetes status and dyslipidemia, it is better to subject her to further testing like treadmill test or CT coronary angiography to know the status of cardiac vessels. Patients with such risk factors frequently have blockages in the arteries, so should undergo further evaluation. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

| 

Can a CT scan detect clots?

Query: Hi doctor, My roommate is in hospital with chest tightness and shortness of breath. Last week they ended up doing an angioplasty. They had not given him the results of any of the tests they had done, mostly just an x-ray and a sonogram. They found blockage in the Y of the circumflex artery and the l...  Read Full »