Q. How often do I need a treadmill test?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I run about five kilometers every alternate day. I recently felt a chest heaviness and a pinching pain. So, I went in for a TMT test. I want to know the frequency at which such tests are to be done. I am attaching the results of my tests.

Do you have a question on Treadmill Test or Cholesterol?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

MBBS
Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine

I have gone through your health query and can understand that you are worried about your heart. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• On review of your TMT (treadmill test), I see no issues with your heart. There are no changes or issues seen.
  • In a health situation like this, I would suggest getting a heart evaluation done once every year. Other evaluations like blood work and for cholesterol (lipids) and blood sugar can be done during a routine checkup with your physician.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask more questions if you need further assistance.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Will chewing nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Nicotine chewing gum causes dental issues and sometimes hair loss and flushing. However, it does not increase blood sugar. So, you can take that it is 1000 times better to take nicotine chewing gum than cigarette especially once you have dia...  Read Full »

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.
Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your high blood sugar levels and from the lab results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have uncontrolled diabetes and dyslipidemia, that is, high cholesterol. According to your HbA1C, it is recommen...  Read Full »

Total cholesterol 229, HDL 53 and LDL 150. Do I have heart disease?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now