Q. My brother suffered a traumatic testicular dislocation. Will it affect his fertility?

Dr. Shahil Khant

My older brother suffered a traumatic testicular dislocation. What is the best way he can sleep comfortably? What is the estimated recovery time? Will it affect his fertility? He had a scrotal hematocele from another testicular trauma, so I am worried about him. He also had a incarcerated hernia, which he surgically fixed.

#

• There should not be any problem with the testis due to scrotal hematocele, as it was treated. He can sleep in any comfortable position as he likes.
  • Just tell him to avoid lifting heavy weights and exercising for three weeks.

Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for replying. So, the old injury would not affect the testes? What about the latest hernia and testicular dislocation from a trailer running down into him? It was similar to the fuel tank injury that guys get when they get propelled forward into a motorbike fuel tank.

#

• A hernia and testicular injury are two different things. A hernia will not affect the testis in any way. For a hernia, he should not lift heavy weights and avoid heavy exercises till 4 to 6 weeks.
  • Regarding testicular injury, as per you, there are two types of injury you told me hematocele and testicular dislocation injury. Hematocele should not cause any problem with fertility.
  • And regarding testicular dislocation injury, it depends on how severe injury it was. If it is limited to only one side, then no need to worry, as the other testis is normal and enough for fertility. If it is severe on both sides, then it should be a concern.

Hope I have cleared all your doubts. Thanks.

|