Q. Are knee weakness and hand tremors GAD-related?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am a 23 year old male in good health.My knees feel stiff and weak when walking. It also happens on my finger joints. Also, I sweat a lot and my hands start shaking (fine tremor) with light activity. I do have a generalized anxiety disorder. Are my symptoms GAD-related? This started a month ago.

#

Generalized anxiety disorder is one possibility, but also we have to exclude other organic causes like for example hyperthyroid disease (by testing TSH, T3, and T4). If you have performed any blood tests please send a copy of them.

One thing that differentiates between anxiety and thyroid symptoms is night symptoms that are present in thyroid and not in GAD.

Symptoms of hyperthyroid may include also: diarrhea, racing heartbeats, weight loss and/ or insomnia. So, if you experience any, do not hesitate to inform me in a follow-up query.

Hope you find my answer useful. Your feedback will be appreciated.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|