Q. Why does my body shiver when I get angry?

Dr. Shobhit Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2021

Whenever I get angry, my body shivers. What should I do?

#

• I suggest you get a thyroid profile done.
  • It is probably due to anxiety. Do you have a history of anxiety?

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. I do not know about anxiety, but whenever I get angry, my body completely shivers.

#

• Shivering is basically the tremors that you get. It is normal for a person to get essential tremors on getting angry, anxious, or tense. It is exaggerated in some and hence gets appreciated in some people.
  • Do you consume alcohol?
  • Although no medication is taken for such tremors, you may try taking tablet Ciplar 10 mg (Propranolol), once a day for some days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking medicine after their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|