Truncal Acne

Truncal acne refers to acne that appears on the chest and back. Before deciding the course of treatment, the doctor will look for severity, extent, lesion type, size, and distribution.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What could cause bump and small pimples on shoulders?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a big bump and small pimples around it on my shoulder blade. I do not know how to describe it. Please have a look at the picture. It is not spreading but slightly painful. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your brief history and by seeing your attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like folliculitis, that is an infection of the hair follicle. I also noticed a lot of black spots scattered on your upper back, are you used to havi...  Read Full »

Why do I have red spots on my chest?

Query: Hi doctor,I have red spots on my chest for the last two weeks. They are not itching, but I am worried about that. Is this some sort of rash or just chest acne? Should I be worried? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. If you did not have any fever or viral in the recent past, these are quite unlikely to be some associated rash. If...  Read Full »

I have been dealing with a lot of chest acne. What I can do to solve my problem?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18-year-old male, and for over two years, I have been dealing with a lot of chest acne. I have been told it is folliculitis. I have gone to three different derms who have just prescribed me Benzoyl peroxide washes, sodium washes, Doxycycline, and a bunch of different creams but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. It looks to me like Pityrosporum folliculitis. Some people call that fungal acne too. Does it itch? Please take the following medications for three weeks. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with cons...  Read Full »

Why am I getting pimples on back and shoulders?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been developing pimples on the back of shoulders and on shoulders as shown in the photos attached. What could be the reason for this and what are the medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Acne occurs not only on the face but also on the upper back and chest. It is usually due to the hormonal activity over the oil glands of the body. Your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of a combination of truncal acne and Pityrosp...  Read Full »

I am suffering from back acne.Kindly suggest remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from back acne. It is all over my back. It is like red pimple marks and black spots. Kindly suggest me ointment and soap or any medication which will help me get rid of acne completely.  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query. I understand your concern. Acne on the back have mainly two differentials: Truncal acne, which is caused by Propionibacterium acnes. These are pimples which are spread to involve the back. The rash is pleomorphic and usually non itchy. Pityrospo...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine for pimples on my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have pimples with some sort of rash and redness on my back. I am having these for more than two months now. When I use anti-fungal powder, they will dry but comes again. They are present only on the back, not anywhere else. I have attached my photos with this. Please...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to I have seen the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).You are having truncal acne. You should start with tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three consecutive days in a week for three weeks. Along with this take capsule Isotretinoin...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.