Q. What can be done for treating chest acne?

Answered by Dr. Payal Chauhan and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Truncal Acne or Doxycycline? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18-year-old male, and for over two years, I have been dealing with a lot of chest acne. I have been told it is folliculitis. I have gone to three different derms who have just prescribed me Benzoyl peroxide washes, sodium washes, Doxycycline, and a bunch of different creams but nothing helped.

It has impacted the quality of my life, and I am not sure what else to do anymore. I have been doing a lot of research on fungal acne, and I feel like this is the problem I have. Even though I mentioned this to my dermatologist, she said she thinks it is more bacterial and said to see if it would improve by prescribing me new creams, and that I would maybe have a culture test done later on to see if it is fungal acne. Do you have any tips or recommendations on what I can do to solve my problem? Or does this look like fungal acne?