Q. Please suggest some medicine for pimples on my back?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 21 years old. I have pimples with some sort of rash and redness on my back. I am having these for more than two months now. When I use anti-fungal powder, they will dry but comes again. They are present only on the back, not anywhere else. I have attached my photos with this. Please suggest some medicine. Thank you.

#

• I have seen the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).You are having truncal acne.
  • You should start with tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three consecutive days in a week for three weeks. Along with this take capsule Isotretinoin 20 mg once daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 10% gel on the pimples twice daily for six weeks.
  • You should use Ketoconazole soap for bathing. Besides this keep your back dry. Follow some skin care tips such as avoid applying cream and moisturizer, avoid wearing tight clothes and reduce the intake of sugary foods.
  • Before starting the oral medication get the following tests done. Liver function tests and lipid profile. If these come normal you can start with capsule Isotretinoin and revert back after six weeks as acne is a chronic disease and will take time to resolve.

Hormonal imbalance and seborrhea.

1. Lipid profile.
2. Liver function tests.

Pityrosporum folliculitis.

Truncal acne.

Revert back after six weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|