Q. Can I get pregnant naturally after tubectomy?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

My age is 36 and I had tubectomy done 18 years back after second delivery cesarean like my first delivery. I do not know whether the fallopian tubes were tied, cut, clamped burnt, or banded.

1. Is there any scanning or some other method to identify the process of tubectomy done to me?

2. Is there any chance of getting pregnant naturally after tubectomy done by whichever method mentioned above?

3. To have a child now can we go for IVF, if so at the time of delivery will gynecologist come to know that I underwent IVF process for pregnancy? Because she has to do tubectomy again, she will go through with these tubes at delivery time.

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The method of tubectecomy can be identified only after opening during caeserian section or through laparocsopy. If tubal ligation is done you cannot conceive naturally, if you try there are chances of ectopic pregnancy. You can go for IVF for another baby. Course of the pregnancy through IVF and natural pregnancy will be same. In case of delivery if normal delivery, you do not have to go through tubes. If going for caesaerean section you can identify it was previous surgery.

| 

If I undergo IVF, will the doctor during cesarean know that I had pregnancy through IVF method?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

No, doctor will not know it is IVF pregnancy.

|