Q. I am 29 and I have a lot of health issues due to diabetes. Please advise.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
Published on Nov 05, 2017

I am a 29 year old unmarried female. I have a lot of issues because of diabetes. Diabetes was detected four months ago when I underwent an underarm surgery for an abscess. It has not recovered yet. Also, I have a lot of pimples on my face and head. I think this is because of the sugar level.The last time my sugar level was at 185. Please suggest.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetology General Medicine
#

• What I feel is, if you reduce your weight, your sugar levels will come down. Reducing 1 kg per month will do. Do not skip a meal. 
  1. Cut down on meat, oily food, fried food, etc.
  2. Take a regular walk, jog or cycling.
  3. Reduce your intake of rice and go for millets.
  4. Keep your mood on the positive side. Think that you can do it and start as advised. You will get a good result.

Take care.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

My mom and dad are diabetic. But, my mom has recovered from it after a bariatric surgery. I have a lot of problems because of this now and I do not want to be like this.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetology General Medicine
#

• As I told you, trydiet, exercise, and if needed, bariatric surgery.

You will be alright. Take care.

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article

How to handle premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I ejaculate within 20 seconds of penetration. Is it curable? Suggest me some medicines for the same.  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now