Q. I am 29 and I have a lot of health issues due to diabetes. Please advise.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

I am a 29 year old unmarried female. I have a lot of issues because of diabetes. Diabetes was detected four months ago when I underwent an underarm surgery for an abscess. It has not recovered yet. Also, I have a lot of pimples on my face and head. I think this is because of the sugar level.The last time my sugar level was at 185. Please suggest.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetology General Medicine
#

• What I feel is, if you reduce your weight, your sugar levels will come down. Reducing 1 kg per month will do. Do not skip a meal. 
  1. Cut down on meat, oily food, fried food, etc.
  2. Take a regular walk, jog or cycling.
  3. Reduce your intake of rice and go for millets.
  4. Keep your mood on the positive side. Think that you can do it and start as advised. You will get a good result.

Take care.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

| 

My mom and dad are diabetic. But, my mom has recovered from it after a bariatric surgery. I have a lot of problems because of this now and I do not want to be like this.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetology General Medicine
#

• As I told you, trydiet, exercise, and if needed, bariatric surgery.

You will be alright. Take care.

|