I was vaccinated for typhoid six years back and advised to take a booster dose before traveling. Should I take it?

Q. Can a patient take an oral booster dose for typhoid instead of getting vaccinated in a clinic?

Dr. Gulati Ranjitsingh Awtarsingh

I am going on a work trip tomorrow. I was vaccinated for typhoid six years ago and was informed today that I should have taken another typhoid vaccine. I read online that you should do this two to four weeks before traveling. Should I still try to get vaccinated? If so, can I take an oral booster pill, or should I go to a clinic to get vaccinated?

#

I have read your details, and I can understand the problem. Taking a booster dose of typhoid is always safer before going to another country. I suggest you take precautions and drink filtered and boiled water. Do not eat the roadside food and eat only in good restaurants.

|