Q. Kindly advice about recommended vaccination for 1-year-old baby.

Dr. Sirisha

I need advice regarding my child vaccination. I am moving abroad, and the treatments are pending. My kid has completed one year.

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrics
#

1. By one year of age, a child should have received birth vaccines like BCG (bacilli Calmette-Guerin), polio drops. Then three monthly shots of DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus), Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), polio injection and hepatitis B.

2. By nine months measles vaccine should be given.

3. Optional vaccines include rotavirus, pnemococcal and influenza vaccines.

You have not mentioned which vaccines are pending. Some places have specific recommendations. 1 to 5 years MMR (mumps, measles, and rubella), chickenpox and hepatitis A vaccines along with booster doses of DPT, Hib, polio would be there. It is recommended that you at least complete the vaccines required up to one year of age, if not given already.

| 

Please see if the MMR report is fine.

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had a blood test for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and the report that I got, am not able to interpret. Could you please see if the report is fine? Will I require a vaccination dose for the same (I had the vaccination in childhood)? Is it harmful to have the vaccination more ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get vaccinated after a dog bite?

Query: Hi doctor, My child has a wound in his inner part of the foot. He is 3.6 years old. He is saying that a puppy bites him and also says injured from stone. We are confused and visited a doctor. He advised us to four doses of injection. Will it cause any side effect when there is no dog bite?  Read Full »

Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full »