Q. Kindly advice about recommended vaccination for 1-year-old baby.

Dr. Sirisha
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 23, 2019

I need advice regarding my child vaccination. I am moving abroad, and the treatments are pending. My kid has completed one year.

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrics
#

1. By one year of age, a child should have received birth vaccines like BCG (bacilli Calmette-Guerin), polio drops. Then three monthly shots of DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus), Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), polio injection and hepatitis B.

2. By nine months measles vaccine should be given.

3. Optional vaccines include rotavirus, pnemococcal and influenza vaccines.

You have not mentioned which vaccines are pending. Some places have specific recommendations. 1 to 5 years MMR (mumps, measles, and rubella), chickenpox and hepatitis A vaccines along with booster doses of DPT, Hib, polio would be there. It is recommended that you at least complete the vaccines required up to one year of age, if not given already.

Please see if the MMR report is fine.

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had a blood test for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and the report that I got, am not able to interpret. Could you please see if the report is fine? Will I require a vaccination dose for the same (I had the vaccination in childhood)? Is it harmful to have the vaccination more ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The results for measles and mumps show high antibodies which mean immunity is either due to past infection or vaccination. As for rubella, the level of antibodies is low which means ...  Read Full

Is it necessary to get vaccinated after a dog bite?

Query: Hi doctor, My child has a wound in his inner part of the foot. He is 3.6 years old. He is saying that a puppy bites him and also says injured from stone. We are confused and visited a doctor. He advised us to four doses of injection. Will it cause any side effect when there is no dog bite?  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are in doubt that dog bite has occurred or not, then it is always advisable to give the antirabies vaccine. There is no harm in giving an antirabies vaccine. You should give anti-rabies vaccine because rabies is a fatal disease once it occurs and there is no treatm...  Read Full

Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry. It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation. Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows. For further information consult a child health specialist online --...  Read Full