Q. There is a patch of tiny lumps in my penis. What is that?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I just found out a patch of tiny lumps under my frenulum or the prepuce. It is under my foreskin. I have not been having sex for six months, and the search results on the internet relate it to genital warts. I would like to know the problem and settle it as soon as possible. Please help.

#

• Is it associated with pain or discharge? Is it recurrent?
  • Have you used any creams? Do you have a history of unprotected sexual contact?

Revert with more details and photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please refer the attached image and give your opinion.

#

• These are not warts but prominent Tyson's glands. They are sebaceous glands found along the inner surface of the corona of the prepuce of the male penis.
  • Pearly penile papules, ectopic sebaceous glands of Fordyce and Tyson's gland are substantially normal physiological variants.
  • They do not need treatment. If you are concerned, then treatment like electrofulguration and cryotherapy can be considered.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|