Q. I have small painless growths in the anus area. Please help.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I have small growths in my anus area like small polyps (like berries). Is this life threatening? Or is this something to worry about? There is no pain and bleeding. I have small growths in my anus area like small polyps (like berries). Is this life threatening? Or is this something to worry about? There is no pain and bleeding.

#

I saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is human papilloma viral infection, we call them as warts. Nothing serious and plan for cryotherapy as soon as possible by consulting a dermatologist near you.

Is it really HPV? Not just skin tags?

#

They are viral warts. Skin tags we call them as acrochordons usually appear on joints on the skin but on mucosal areas like anus or mouth.

After cryotherapy, is there a chance that it will recur? Since it is viral, how can I avoid to transfer it to my family?

#

It usually transmits through sexual contact and by cryotherapy. We are blocking these growths, if not, they will slowly expand.

Thank you very much for your response.

#

You are most welcome. Do not worry, it is treatable.

|