Q. I applied acid on wart and it is not healing. Please advise.

I had a wart on my foot. I used highly acidic vinegar on it. It burnt and became worse. I used ancient oil on it and it swelled and now it looks like a big black-brown in color. It is not recovering. What should I do?

Do you have a question on Warts or Cryotherapy?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology Pathology

You have burnt the superficial skin over the foot by applying the acid. The wart can be simply treated by co2 laser or cryotherapy like good treatment option. Now over burnt skin, you can apply moisturizer. No other specific treatment needs to be done. I suggest you consult a dermatologist for detailed evaluation.

Also Read Answers From: Warts Cryotherapy

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts
Article Overview: If the skin on your feet feels hard, rough, dry, and painful while walking, it might be corn or callosities. Reach out to a doctor now.  Read Article

Definition of Corns and callosities Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Featu ...  Read Article

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full >>
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full >>
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar warts are hard to treat. Unfortunately, that is the truth. Because feet are always under friction and the skin is very thick compared to body skin. Treatment modalities are cryotherapy which you are undergoing, electrocautery removal procedure depends on the siz...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now