Q. I applied acid on wart and it is not healing. Please advise.

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I had a wart on my foot. I used highly acidic vinegar on it. It burnt and became worse. I used ancient oil on it and it swelled and now it looks like a big black-brown in color. It is not recovering. What should I do?

Hematology Pathology
#

You have burnt the superficial skin over the foot by applying the acid. The wart can be simply treated by co2 laser or cryotherapy like good treatment option. Now over burnt skin, you can apply moisturizer. No other specific treatment needs to be done. I suggest you consult a dermatologist for detailed evaluation.

| 

I have itchy growth on my shaft. Is it wart?

Query: Hi doctor, This is really nerve racking but I noticed these growth on my shaft (fold area) that are very small and round. They tend to itch quite often especially when touched. I have attached a picture. I am afraid it could be genital warts. I last had sexual encounter with a female escort earl...  Read Full »

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts

Article Overview: If the skin on your feet feels hard, rough, dry, and painful while walking, it might be corn or callosities. Reach out to a doctor now. Read Article

Definition of Corns and callosities Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Featu...  Read Article

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full »