Q. Is there any skeletal abnormality in my ultrasound report?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2020

Please comment on my ultrasound report. Single fetus in cephalic presentation. Placenta: anterior Gr-1 and amniotic fluid is adequate (AFI-16.4). Fetal measurements are as follows: BPD 80 mm, HC 306 mm, AC 280 mm and FL 58 mm, RT - humerus 52 mm, radius 45 mm, ulna 50 mm, tibia 50 mm and fibula 50 mm and LT - humerus 51 mm, radius 44 mm, ulna 49 mm, tibia 50 mm and fibula 50 mm. Ges age 32 weeks 2 days. Fetal weight is 1811 g. Fetal heart pulsations 141 beats per minute. Fetal tones and movements are normal. No obvious lethal structural congenital anomalies. Fetal biophysical profile is good with score 10. Doppler study shows umbilical artery S/D 2.57, RI 0.61 and PI 0.91. Uteroplacental and fetoplacental blood flow velocities are within normal limits. No diastolic notch in the uterine arteries. Cerebral flow pattern is normal. The conclusion is ultrasound findings are suggestive of single live fetus of 32 weeks and 2 days in cephalic presentation. Uteroplacental and fetoplacental blood flow velocities are within normal limits. All long bones are 25th to 50th centile and normal.

#

• This is a normal third trimester fetal growth parameter ultrasound report.
  • Biophysical profile is normal. Weight is corresponding to the age of gestation and presentation is cephalic with head down towards pelvis, which is normal.
  • So, you need not worry. Baby's growth is fine.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Please comment on the FL and HL of the fetus. My visiting doctor said that it is lagging two weeks behind. Is there a possibility of skeletal abnormality? I am so tensed.

#

• The FL/AC ratio (femur length to abdominal circumference) is 20.7 which is less than 21 and hence normal for growth.
  • Rest of the ratios like HC/BPD (head circumference to biparietal diameter) and FL/HC (femur length to head circumference) are accurate.
  • There does not seem to be any skeletal abnormality at all as clearly mentioned in the report. The umbilical artery Doppler is normal and hence IUGR - intrauterine growth restriction is not evident.
  • All long bones are within 25th to 50th centile, which is normal. So, do not worry. This is a completely normal report.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|