Q. How to get rid of left-sided headaches, which increase on chewing?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

I have left-sided headaches from the last five days. I notice it more when I chew food. I have anxiety problems since last two years, for which I take Petril 0.25 daily. Please help me. How to get rid of these headaches?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• From the available description, it is possible that there is a problem in your left temporomandibular joint, which causes pain during chewing. The second possibility for these headaches is anxiety itself.
  • The presence of unilateral headaches also points toward a migraine. Although, the possibility is low because the pain increases on chewing. I suggest you try consulting a dentist to rule out any abnormality of the TMJ joint. Hopefully, he or she will find the cause of these headaches.
  • In case there is an insufficient response from the dental specialist, get a CT scan of the brain and report back to me.

I will be glad to help you further. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|