Q. Is headache a side-effect of Nevanac ophthalmic suspension?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist eye drops only in right eye one drop four times a day.

But after using Nevanac suspension I feel pain in my left eye which was not before. I have headache after using this suspension. Is it the side effects of Nevanac suspension? Should I discontinue Nevanac? I have myopia. My power is -3.75 in left eye and -2.75 in the right eye. I have myopia since 20 years.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

No, Nevanac (Nepafenac) does not have such side effects. But, I suggest you reduce the frequency of Nevanac to twice daily after 15 days and then to once at bedtime after next 15 days.

You said you are wearing -2.75 in the right and -3.75 in left. This is a spherical error but your prescription shows that along with spherical error you have a cylindrical error too. -0.50 at 60 degrees in right and -0.50 at 14 degrees in left. If that is not incorporated in your glasses please include it because not using cylindrical power along with spherical can cause a headache.

If Nevanac does not work in next three to four days you can try Tobramycin plus Fluorometholone eye drop twice daily for seven days. Do not use it for more than seven days.

Also, get yourself checked for any near vision error, that is presbyopia.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|