Q. Is headache a side-effect of Nevanac ophthalmic suspension?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Published on Jan 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist eye drops only in right eye one drop four times a day.

But after using Nevanac suspension I feel pain in my left eye which was not before. I have headache after using this suspension. Is it the side effects of Nevanac suspension? Should I discontinue Nevanac? I have myopia. My power is -3.75 in left eye and -2.75 in the right eye. I have myopia since 20 years.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

No, Nevanac (Nepafenac) does not have such side effects. But, I suggest you reduce the frequency of Nevanac to twice daily after 15 days and then to once at bedtime after next 15 days.

You said you are wearing -2.75 in the right and -3.75 in left. This is a spherical error but your prescription shows that along with spherical error you have a cylindrical error too. -0.50 at 60 degrees in right and -0.50 at 14 degrees in left. If that is not incorporated in your glasses please include it because not using cylindrical power along with spherical can cause a headache.

If Nevanac does not work in next three to four days you can try Tobramycin plus Fluorometholone eye drop twice daily for seven days. Do not use it for more than seven days.

Also, get yourself checked for any near vision error, that is presbyopia.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?

Query: Hello doctor, I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light....  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities: Corneal epithelial dystrophy. Uveitis. Glaucoma. Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or...  Read Full

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one. The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prop...  Read Full