Q. After Unwanted 72, I bled for 5 days and missed my period this month. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

I had sex on 13th of last month (last period was 31st before). The condom burst inside me and cum went inside. So after five to six hours I took unwanted 72. Then from 17th to 22nd there was bleeding and cramps. But now it is about one month and I did not get my periods. Is there any chance I am pregnant?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, there is some chance. Do urine pregnancy tests. If the test comes positive then there is pregnancy. And if the test comes negative then it is disturbed menses due to emergency pills.

Here are some detailed explanations:

Unwanted 72 is an emergency contraceptive pill and it can disturb your menses. It can disturb the cycle for two to three cycles. You may have irregular periods or delayed periods also. At the same time, it is not 10% effective to prevent pregnancy. There is some chance of failure even if taken within the time period. You have periods on Jan 31st and have intercourse on 13 Feb which is almost near ovulation period. After taking Unwanted 72 there is withdrawal bleeding mostly within seven days. that does not mean period. After that, it is almost a month. So do a urine pregnancy test for confirmation.

If it is negative, then you can take tablet Primoult N daily for five days and then wait for periods. It should come in 10 days after the last tablet. In case if the test comes positive then you are pregnant and you can continue or terminate pregnancy.

Do drink more water. Can do one ultrasound sonography for other reasons for delaying menses like an ovarian cyst.

| 

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »

I have missed periods. Is this pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor,I had unprotected sex at 11 PM but took I-pill the next morning at 9 AM. I have missed periods. I have heard about the disease amenorrhea. Is this pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea? If amenorrhea happens, can it be easily cured? How she I have regular periods? Is it a matter of fear or a c...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »