Q. Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Dr. Gowrimeena

Dear Doctor,

I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant?

In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.

Dr. Gowrimeena

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.

You have taken emergency contraception as advised. That is very good.

99% of the times this will work well, but her menstrual period may be delayed. At this point you do not have to do anything. If the periods are delayed more than a week then you have to check for pregnancy.

If positive we have to deal with it then. Either way, it is better to follow some form of reliable birth control to avoid this situation in the future.

Also emergency contraception is for once a cycle use only.

In case her periods are delayed, consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|