Q. Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Dr. Gowrimeena
Published on Oct 21, 2017

Dear Doctor,

I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant?

In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.

Dr. Gowrimeena

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.

You have taken emergency contraception as advised. That is very good.

99% of the times this will work well, but her menstrual period may be delayed. At this point you do not have to do anything. If the periods are delayed more than a week then you have to check for pregnancy.

If positive we have to deal with it then. Either way, it is better to follow some form of reliable birth control to avoid this situation in the future.

Also emergency contraception is for once a cycle use only.

In case her periods are delayed, consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Will taking the first four Yasmin pills stop unwanted pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee took four Yasmin pills as emergency contraception. But after that, she felt so weak and had heavy breathing. So due to that, we decided not to take another four pills after 12 hours. Will the first four pills stop unplanned pregnancy? That was taken within less than 30 hour...  Read Full »

I had bleeding after taking I-pill. Was it periods or withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I had taken a pill and got bleeding. I thought it was periods because I had little cramps but that bleeding was so light and it lasted for three to four days. After that I had protected sex two weeks back but to be complete sure I took another pill two days later and my periods was du...  Read Full »

I have spotting while on Tri-Sprintec. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking the birth control pill, Tri-Sprintec for almost five years now. I started my new pack of pills on 19 of last month. I had intercourse twice on 20th and once on the 21st of last month. I used to take my pill between 7 and 8 AM. One day I had pill at 6:30 AM as I woke up ...  Read Full »