Q. I feel pain in thigh, back and breast after taking Unwanted 72. Kindly advise.

Published on Nov 30, 2019

Me and my fiancee had sex. But there was no penetration and no ejaculation. I ejaculated in washroom and wiped myself with a towel but we did again after 10 minutes. This time also there was no ejaculation. We got scared and took Unwanted 72 within 48 hours. After taking pills she skipped her menses on her due date but on then last day, periods started and lasted for five days with heavy flow. Now, periods have stopped but she still complains about lower back pain, pain in thigh area and breast tenderness. Are these due to pill side-effects?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As she had the withdrawal bleeding for five days already after taking the pill, it indicates that she is pregnancy safe. But the present breast soreness, low abdominal and backache is due to progesterone effect and is common due to the high dose progesterone. This shall subside in next 24 hours if she increases her daily water intake to 4 to 5 litres to counter the Progesterone effect.

| 

Pregnancy safe means not pregnant?

Can Unwanted 72 cause early and abnormal periods?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife took Unwanted 72 eight days back, and she got her periods after five days. The bleeding is not normal, and her period was not due. Please help.  Read Full »

What is withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, Emergency contraception is 95% effective means is there some chance of getting pregnant? What more precautions could be taken during sex so that there will be full surety about it? After taking it, will the periods be painful? In what way will it alter periods? Will it change the numb...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »