Q. Will there be withdrawal bleeding if Unwanted 72 is taken for no reason?

Dr. Nadia Khan

What will happen if someone eats Unwanted 72 without any reason? Will there be any withdrawal bleeding or not?. And what will be the situation of menses?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Unwanted 72 results in delayed or earlier periods, and also may result in withdrawal bleeding and nothing harmful will happen if someone takes it for no reason. Hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

| 

My question is whether withdrawal bleeding is compulsory?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, because it shows that pregnancy has not occurred. If someone misses periods, then she has to do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. I hope it works for you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

| 

Without being involved in intercourse if someone takes Unwanted 72 then will there be any withdrawal bleeding?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, it may happen in that case too. But sometimes hormones get imbalanced due to medicine and periods might get delayed. I hope it has helped you. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

| 

Why have I not got withdrawal bleeding after 10 days of taking Unwanted 72?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex 10 days back and then took Unwanted 72 after four hours. I have not got any withdrawal bleeding yet. What does it mean? When should I take the pregnancy test? Also, I am a patient of PCOD.  Read Full »

What is withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, Emergency contraception is 95% effective means is there some chance of getting pregnant? What more precautions could be taken during sex so that there will be full surety about it? After taking it, will the periods be painful? In what way will it alter periods? Will it change the numb...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »