Q. Is it normal to have lactation after taking Unwanted 72?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I had sex with fiancee a month back. I gave her Unwanted 72 in 48 to 72 hours bracket. She had her periods 10 days later. Today she is experiencing some lactation and also suffering from typhoid. The hCG tests and pregasure tests are negative. But still has lactation when presses her breasts.

#

The fact that hCG levels ruled out pregnancy now, of course, confirms the absence of pregnancy. The lactation or as we call it galactorrhea in absence of pregnancy is due to increased serum prolactin levels. Please get her serum prolactin levels checked to rule out hyperprolactinemia. Typhoid can be treated simultaneously with Cephalosporins and Ornidazole with a period of 10 days of treatment.

But hyperprolactinemia shall require treatment with Dopamine receptor agonists like Cabergoline which may be given orally at 0.25 mg, one tablet twice a week for four weeks. This should help treat galactorrhea. Also, along with the treatment, one should avoid any form of breast stimulation or foreplay practices which can reciprocally increase the prolactin secretion in feedback. So, please get a serum prolactin level done and follow up with report before starting Dopamine agonists.

| 

Is Mymox used to stop lactation?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife wants to stop breastfeeding our ten months old daughter because our daughter is healthy and weighs 12 kg. We gave her store-bought milk so that she does not form a habit of sucking mother's milk. My wife's breast milk quantity is enough to satisfy our daughter's needs. But ou...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now