Q. Is it normal to have lactation after taking Unwanted 72?

I had sex with fiancee a month back. I gave her Unwanted 72 in 48 to 72 hours bracket. She had her periods 10 days later. Today she is experiencing some lactation and also suffering from typhoid. The hCG tests and pregasure tests are negative. But still has lactation when presses her breasts.

Do you have a question on Unwanted 72 or Lactation?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

The fact that hCG levels ruled out pregnancy now, of course, confirms the absence of pregnancy. The lactation or as we call it galactorrhea in absence of pregnancy is due to increased serum prolactin levels. Please get her serum prolactin levels checked to rule out hyperprolactinemia. Typhoid can be treated simultaneously with Cephalosporins and Ornidazole with a period of 10 days of treatment.

But hyperprolactinemia shall require treatment with Dopamine receptor agonists like Cabergoline which may be given orally at 0.25 mg, one tablet twice a week for four weeks. This should help treat galactorrhea. Also, along with the treatment, one should avoid any form of breast stimulation or foreplay practices which can reciprocally increase the prolactin secretion in feedback. So, please get a serum prolactin level done and follow up with report before starting Dopamine agonists.

Is Mymox used to stop lactation?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife wants to stop breastfeeding our ten months old daughter because our daughter is healthy and weighs 12 kg. We gave her store-bought milk so that she does not form a habit of sucking mother's milk. My wife's breast milk quantity is enough to satisfy our daughter's needs. But ou...  Read Full >>
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mymox (Amoxicillin) is an antibiotic and has nothing to do with lactation or milk production. Sudden weaning of baby may lead to both physical and emotional effects on both the mother and her baby. Gradual weaning is good. Medical suppression of lactation is not adv...  Read Full

Why am I having high prolactin level?
Query: Hi doctor, I would like help in understanding my situation and a second opinion to that of my GP. I had a blood test two months back which showed serum prolactin levels at 618. I was unaware what the test was for so breastfed before and during the blood being taken. I breastfeed a toddler betwe...  Read Full >>
Dr. Syed Abdul Kader
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To get rid you of your worries, I should let you know the usual level of prolactin in different conditions. The upper limit of normal for many assays of serum prolactin is approximately 500 mIU/L (24 ng/mL). In non-pregnant and non-lactating patients, monomeric prolacti...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now