Q. I have a headache, nose and ear block. Are my sinuses infected?

I have had a cold for just over a week. I have woken up this morning with a headache that throbs with each movement. I blew my nose to find blood in it, and my ear feels all blocked. Could this mean my sinuses are infected? And is it worth seeing a doctor? Or will they not give me anything anyway?

Hematology Pathology
#

1. Auscultation.
  2. CBC (complete blood count).
  3. Nose and ear examination by rhinoscopy and otoscopy.
  • You will be given a decongestant drug like Phenylephrine. If needed and if CBC shows high count with neutrophilia, then an antibiotic course will be given. Vitamin C lozenges are useful.
  • If in auscultation, rales or rhonchi are heard, then chest x-ray needs to be done. If needed, further work up, like sputum examination can be done. So, yes, consult an ENT specialist or a physician nearby for examination with keeping my answer in mind.

Take care. Hope your concern is solved.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|