Q. I have pain in the throat during swallowing. Is this respiratory tract infection?

I am returning back home from vacation and I am experiencing fever and body aches. I think my tonsils and throat are swollen. I am experiencing pain and discomfort in my throat. I have pain in the throat during swallowing.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

It is likely an upper respiratory tract infection, probably viral. You may need antibiotics like tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for five days. Also, you can take Betadine gargles four times a day. For a cough, you can take syrup Alex (Chlorpheniramine maleate, Dextromethorphan, and Guaifenesin) two spoons whenever needed up to three times a day. You may have Paracetamol for fever, and body pain. Avoid cold food items.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|