Q. Will double J ureteral stenting relieve my symptoms?

Dr. Choudhary Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2021

I am a breast cancer patient, and my treatment is going on. Due to metastasis to the ovary, laparoscopic bilateral oophorectomy was done two months back. Currently, I am taking Trastuzumab and Letrozole 2.5 mg. After the oophorectomy, I have pain in the lower abdomen and lower back. I am vomiting after each and every meal, and I am unable to drink water. I went to the hospital and consulted a urologist, who suggested some antibiotics and ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen. After viewing the report, which I have attached, the doctors advised for double J ureteral stenting. I need a second opinion.

#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The suggestion of double J stenting is appropriate. You have a back pain, which may be arising from the right kidney with mild dilatation. Your creatinine is normal.
  • Double J stent will drain the kidney. But, this will need repeated change of the stent and the symptoms and problems of double J stent will be there. Stenting may help you with present symptoms, and it is a simple procedure.
  • I suggested it, but in reality, there is a possibility that your symptoms may not be relieved.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

What is the solution? Is there any remedy? Is vomiting linked to that?

#

• I would link your vomiting to the chemotherapy.
  • Lower back and abdominal pain may be a sign of oophorectomy before six weeks. Kindly consult your oncologist for same.

|