Q. Why do I have a double urine stream?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

I have recently developed a double urine stream from last week. I have anxiety and had all sorts of urinary tract issues and bowel issues with anxiety. Frequent urination, splashing urination and trouble urinating and I think double urination is the next in line. I had an ultrasound two weeks ago and result said no significant findings of the prostate gland. I had a TURP (transurethral resection of prostate) two years ago. So, they compared my prostate to that one Psa 1.5 and pre-void 265cc and post void 22cc normal jets. Currently, I am on 75 mg Effexor.

Now the two streams happen 30% of the time and if I pinch my penis it goes back together. But sometimes not. I have seen it come together midstream and go apart midstream. Doctors here feel the double stream is linked to pressure on the bladder, from anxiety. What do you think?

#

The split stream can be due to narrowing of the urethral opening or sometimes due to voiding with high pressure. If you consult your urologist, get a uroflow test done. If there is any narrowing, it will show in the flow.

Splaying of the stream can sometimes be prevented by pissing with foreskin fully down (non-retracted) provided you are not circumcised.

Also, if frequency and urgency are problematic, add an anticholinergic. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medications with their consent. You may upload uroflow reports when you have them.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|