Q. What are the causes of constant burning and pain in genitals with frequent urination?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2021

I am experiencing a burning sensation before and after urination; sometimes I see the light pink colored blood in the urine. From the past seven days, I am having a lot of discomforts, even while sitting idle or sleeping there are a constant burning and pain in my genitals, and I urinate frequently. I also have an itching anus and mild pain in the right lower back.

I was diagnosed with a brain AVM seizure 15 years back. I get seizures sometimes for two minutes in a month. I take Encorate Chrono 300, Sodium valproate 200 mg and Valproic acid 87 mg. Five years back they found kidney stones, about 5 to 6 mm in size. But now, my USG reports show no stones. I will attach my test reports. Please suggest what to do.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your urine examination shows blood, so we need to find the source of blood in the urine. And, pain on urination might be due to narrowing of the urethra (urethral stricture).
  • I would suggest you get the following test done.
  1. CT urography to check the source of blood.
  2. Uroflowmetry.
  3. Retrograde urethrogram to check urethral stricture.
  • For the time being, I suggest you try taking tablet Flavospas (Flavoxate 200 mg), one tablet in the morning, afternoon and evening. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medication with their consent.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for the prompt reply. I started taking Flavospas and also got a CT KUB done. The reports show 7 mm radiodense calculus in the right VUJ. Please advice what should I do now.

#

• All your symptoms are due to the kidney stone, which is stuck in the VUJ (vesicoureteric junction). You can wait for two weeks to see if it passes on its own.
  • I suggest you tablet Solitral (Alfuzosin 10 mg and Solifenacin succinate 5 mg), one tablet every night. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the medication with their consent.
  • Blood in the urine (hematuria) is also due to this stone. If the stone does not come out even after two weeks or your symptoms become unbearable, or if you have a fever, then you will require to remove it by endoscopy.

Dear Doc, Thank you very much. ok. Should i continue both the medicines you suggested for two weeks?
Can you suggest What to eat and what to avoid?
For endoscopy in worst case ? Where do u recommend? at your place?
Thanks
# hello k singh

yes continue both medicines for 15 days.

there is no restrictions on food

drink plenty of water upto 3 litres per day.

hope you dont require endoscopy .

if required you can get it done at good corporate hospital in your city.

thanks.

|