Q. What is the cause of overactive bladder?

Answered by Dr. Karthik Rajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Urinary Bladder Overactivity or Botox Injections? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 53 years old male. I am suffering from prostate and overactive problems for the past eight years. I did many time ultrasound and cystoscopy. I have inflammation in bladder and prostate. I feel the inflammation and a burning sensation in the urethra. My bladder is overactive. I took many antibiotics, prostrate and overactive medicine for the past eight years. But there is no improvement. One time the doctor injected botox injection into my bladder. But there is also no improvement. The doctor is giving medicine for one week to one month. But my infection is recurrent. At night, I am urinating for every 30 minutes to one hour while sleeping. During the day I urinate every one and a half to two hours. Every time I feel the discomfort and burning sensation in the bladder and urethra. When I have a prostate infection, I have pain and discomfort from rectum to penis. Last week, I checked my PSA value it was 0.36 ng/mL. I am taking tablets Vesicare, Ditropan, Omnic, Unoflox, Spasmic, Cipram, Levocin, and Urispas.