Urinary Bladder Overactivity

How do you stop urinary bladder leakage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am facing an issue with my urinary bladder. Most of the times I find my underwear wet with water or urine and not with white discharge. I feel my urine gets leaked. It is not that I tend to hold onto my urine for long. Whenever I feel like urinating, I instan...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please provide more history? How long have you been having this issue now? Do you have pain with urination? How many kids to you have and were they relieved vaginally? Did you have any bladder or cervical procedure? Revert with the answers to the above questio...  Read Full »

What causes problem with urine retention?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having urine retention issues. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weak flow, prolonged urination, incomplete emptying of the bladder, and waking up at night to pass urine are symptoms of an enlarged prostate or prostatic obstruction. After the age of 50 years prostate start to enlarge in size and causing the above-mentioned symp...  Read Full »

Can I have overactive bladder at 28 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28-year-old male going for pelvic physical therapy for the past three months. My problem got started four months back. I had few drinks and could not able to find a bathroom until I reach home. I got to a point where I started to have pain and run to the bathroom. The next day, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The overactive bladder is really annoying and frustrating. You have seen a urologist and undergone a cystoscopy to look for an anatomical cause. The results were normal. The functional causes are related to neuromuscular control of the bladder. There are some predisposi...  Read Full »

My mother has an increased urine frequency for two months. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 80 years old. Since last two months, there is increased urine frequency. Earlier, she used to have five to six times a day and now, it has become 10 to 12 times in a day. We consulted urology specialists and according to them both kidneys and bladder seemed normal. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. According to the history, it looks like she is suffering from a low capacity with overactive bladder. An urodynamic study will give an idea about bladder capacity and bladder pressure during voiding. So, it is better to go ahead with an urodyna...  Read Full »

Why do I feel bladder fullness always?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had an overactive bladder for around five to six years. I would like to find out what the issue is and if I have any health concerns. I have never had a bladder infection and have been tested many times. I had one C section last year, but it did not make my condition worse. My sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Overactive bladder is diagnosed with urodynamic studies. You have symptoms of increased frequency of urine, mainly at night, causing sleep disturbance. Careful investigations and follow up required. As long as we get the cause, then only treatment will be effective. ...  Read Full »

I have increased urge for urination nowadays. What to do?

Query: From few days the urge for urinate is increasing and with that flow of urine also. I got my urine tested and in the report everything is normal my doctor prescribe me some antibiotics and a few other tablets. After taking medicines that frequent urination became low in no but i have to go for urinat...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Obviously all tests were done and you were treated properly. Of course one could repeat the test for bacteria in your urine. However, I think you are rather suffering from a over-active bladder, a neurological issue, but not dangerous. Two things are important. One is that you should drink 2...  Read Full »

How to treat a chronic bladder issue?

Query: Hello doctor, May I submit the test result of a urine sample for a medical assessment? My wife asked me to report the following: she suffers from chronic bladder issues, an urge to urinate, frequent micturition. She undertook a test of a urine sample a couple of days ago. The results are shown in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She seems to be having an active urinary tract infection. The cause of UTI is not known yet, but it is common in females. It would help if you got an ultrasound of the abdomen with PVRU (post-void residual urine test), CBC (complete blood count), RFT (renal function ...  Read Full »

What does polyuria without pain or blood in urine indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49-year-old female. I am recently experiencing polyuria. I have to urinate almost every 30 minutes very urgently, and I void nearly 240 ml each time without any pain or blood in the urine. I just had a routine urinalysis with microscopic examination. All results were normal e...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Increased urine frequency is abnormal. The frequency of urinating should be every two hours (up to eight times in 24 hours), and the amount of urine should be about 400-500 ml each time. The causes for this problem can be many. If this problem happened recently, it mi...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for less urinary output and occasional urine leakage?

Query: Hello doctor, Patient is a 50-year-old female. She had a history of early menopause (periods stopped after 35 yrs). Her gall bladder removed last year and she has hypothyroidism and taking Thyronorm .25 mg for the past three years. Her present complaint is problem in urination, urine flow is low a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have leakage when you feel to urinate? Do you have urine leakage when you cough or sneeze? When you hold urine at that time did you feel burning or pain? For what maximum time you are able to hold urine? Any history of diabetes or hypertension or any medicatio...  Read Full »

What are the causes of frequent urination and incontinence?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago after having a couple of falls, my mother was diagnosed with progressive supranuclear palsy by a neurologist.  Last week, she suddenly started to experience urinary incontinence. Over the past few days she has complained of the urge to pass urine quite often and sometime...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The increased frequency of urination and urinary incontinence are due to bladder overactivity. Your mother should undergo an urodynamic study to know what exactly is happening in the bladder during filling. I think she will get good benefit by taking antimuscarini...  Read Full »