Urinary Bladder Overactivity

My mother has an increased urine frequency for two months. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 80 years old. Since last two months, there is increased urine frequency. Earlier, she used to have five to six times a day and now, it has become 10 to 12 times in a day. We consulted urology specialists and according to them both kidneys and bladder seemed normal. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. According to the history, it looks like she is suffering from a low capacity with overactive bladder. An urodynamic study will give an idea about bladder capacity and bladder pressure during voiding. So, it is better to go ahead with an urodyna...  Read Full »

Why do I feel bladder fullness always?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had an overactive bladder for around five to six years. I would like to find out what the issue is and if I have any health concerns. I have never had a bladder infection and have been tested many times. I had one C section last year, but it did not make my condition worse. My sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Overactive bladder is diagnosed with urodynamic studies. You have symptoms of increased frequency of urine, mainly at night, causing sleep disturbance. Careful investigations and follow up required. As long as we get the cause, then only treatment will be effective. ...  Read Full »

I have increased urge for urination nowadays. What to do?

Query: From few days the urge for urinate is increasing and with that flow of urine also. I got my urine tested and in the report everything is normal my doctor prescribe me some antibiotics and a few other tablets. After taking medicines that frequent urination became low in no but i have to go for urinat...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Obviously all tests were done and you were treated properly. Of course one could repeat the test for bacteria in your urine. However, I think you are rather suffering from a over-active bladder, a neurological issue, but not dangerous. Two things are important. One is that you should drink 2...  Read Full »

How to treat a chronic bladder issue?

Query: Hello doctor, May I submit the test result of a urine sample for a medical assessment? My wife asked me to report the following: she suffers from chronic bladder issues, an urge to urinate, frequent micturition. She undertook a test of a urine sample a couple of days ago. The results are shown in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She seems to be having an active urinary tract infection. The cause of UTI is not known yet, but it is common in females. It would help if you got an ultrasound of the abdomen with PVRU (post-void residual urine test), CBC (complete blood count), RFT (renal function ...  Read Full »

What does polyuria without pain or blood in urine indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49-year-old female. I am recently experiencing polyuria. I have to urinate almost every 30 minutes very urgently, and I void nearly 240 ml each time without any pain or blood in the urine. I just had a routine urinalysis with microscopic examination. All results were normal e...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Increased urine frequency is abnormal. The frequency of urinating should be every two hours (up to eight times in 24 hours), and the amount of urine should be about 400-500 ml each time. The causes for this problem can be many. If this problem happened recently, it mi...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for less urinary output and occasional urine leakage?

Query: Hello doctor, Patient is a 50-year-old female. She had a history of early menopause (periods stopped after 35 yrs). Her gall bladder removed last year and she has hypothyroidism and taking Thyronorm .25 mg for the past three years. Her present complaint is problem in urination, urine flow is low a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have leakage when you feel to urinate? Do you have urine leakage when you cough or sneeze? When you hold urine at that time did you feel burning or pain? For what maximum time you are able to hold urine? Any history of diabetes or hypertension or any medicatio...  Read Full »

What are the causes of frequent urination and incontinence?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago after having a couple of falls, my mother was diagnosed with progressive supranuclear palsy by a neurologist.  Last week, she suddenly started to experience urinary incontinence. Over the past few days she has complained of the urge to pass urine quite often and sometime...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The increased frequency of urination and urinary incontinence are due to bladder overactivity. Your mother should undergo an urodynamic study to know what exactly is happening in the bladder during filling. I think she will get good benefit by taking antimuscarini...  Read Full »

Will Trospium intake likely to cause uretheral discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I began having frequent urination, and sometimes urinating every half an hour. I consulted my doctor and UTI was ruled out. I consulted a urologist and she did an abdominal and pelvic CT scan and no structural abnormalities were found. No cystoscopy was performed. She diagnosed me as...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been diagnosed as OAB (overactive bladder) since you had lower urinary tract storage symptoms. You need one USG KUB (ultrasound of kidney, ureter and bladder) and PVR (post-void residue) to look for post-void residual urine. You need to undergo uroflowmetr...  Read Full »

Are my urinary problems due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. I have a problem while urinating from past two years.  I have consulted my urologist, and we did many tests like urine culture, serum creatinine, and ultrasound KUB. After all these tests my doctor said there is no problem in my urinary tract. A few...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your problem. Frequent urination is a common problem called overactive bladder. Other than this, mild pain in the urogenital region can be due to neural pain. Masturbation usually does not cause these problems. I hope you had already taken a cour...  Read Full »

Can Lisdexamfetamine cause bladder irritation or tightening?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41-year-old female, 143 lbs. I currently take Lisdexamfetamine 50 mg for ADHD. I have been experiencing bladder discomfort off and on for three months now. It was quite intense for two weeks, then went away for several weeks, and now is present again although less intense. It jus...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having increased frequency of urination, night-time frequency, the urgency of urination, it may be an overactive bladder. It can occur spontaneously or be precipitated by UTI episodes, stone disease, medications, etc. In your case, the medicine may not be res...  Read Full »