Q. What is the remedy for enlarged liver and prostatomegaly?

Dr. Noushif. M
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

My liver is borderline enlarged 155 mm with increased echotexture. There is mild prostatomegaly with insignificant postvoid residual volume. I am currently on Udiliv 300 mg. Kindly suggest some remedy.

#

I need to know regarding your clinical symptoms if any. Did you do any blood tests, blood counts, and liver function tests?

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

Please suggest any good medicine. I do not have any other health problems while going motion and urine. For serum triglycerides, I am using Roseday-F tablet.

#

The available reports look fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nothing to worry much. You need to be on follow up. Check LFT (liver function test) every three months and USG (ultrasound sonography) abdomen after six months. Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) can be stopped after two weeks. No need to take it for long-term now.

Can you suggest any medicine for fatty and enlarged liver?

#

No need of medicines for the enlarged liver per se. You can have Udiliv for two weeks and add capsule Evion (vitamin E) 400 mg daily for two weeks. It is not a proven modality. You need to increase physical exercise, improve your dietary habits, avoid unknown or over-the-counter medicines and drugs which damage liver.

|