Q. My meatus is red and there is a burning sensation during urination. Why?

Answered by Dr. Karthik Rajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Burning Sensation During Urination or Uti? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My meatus is red and has a small spot on one side. There is a constant burning sensation when I urinate. I am frequently urinating in small amounts. Recently, I had a DRE, and they told me that my prostate is enlarged. I have a foul smell from my penis. I never had this problem before. I have difficulty in emptying my bladder.