Urinary Stones

What could cause pain while urinating and also when bladder is full?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. For the past two months, I have been experiencing pain while urinating and I also have pain when my bladder is full. I had taken a urine test and the test said I had an infection for which I was given antibiotics. The pain has come down, but a mild pain is still p...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usual causes of such symptoms include urinary tract infection (UTI) or urinary stones (renal stones). When routine tests turn out to be normal, a frequency volume diary may be made. Next would be a urine flow test and a sonography for residual urine volume. If these ar...  Read Full »

Why has my urine flow reduced after ureter stone removal?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a stone in my left ureter. The stone was removed and a stent was placed for two months through surgery. After the stent was removed, I noticed a drastic change in my urine flow. Also, I am having regular pain in the lower part of my kidney. I had no issue in urine flow or any pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decrease in your urine flow following the procedure could be due to a stricture anywhere in the urethra. You should get a uroflometry done to confirm the diagnosis. It should be followed by an ascending urethrogram to locate the stricture. Most of these strictures can...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to clear kidney stones.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full »

Do PKD patients have an urge to urinate always?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old. I was born with polycystic kidney disease. When I was 14, I was diagnosed as I was having severe chest pain and dizzy spells. I am currently four months postpartum. Since my son was born I have not been able to use the bathroom as frequently as most. It never caused me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are a patient of polycystic kidney disease, you will be more prone for urinary tract infections, urinary stones or cysts, which could burst and form clots, which can result in obstruction. One cannot be sure unless you get a sonography done. Since you say...  Read Full »

What is extrarenal pelvis of the right kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, In my kidney ultrasound, my left kidney shows mild dilatation of calyces with dilated extrarenal pelvis of approximately 39 mm. What does it mean?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The calyceal pelvic system dilatation of kidney could be due to one of the following reasons: Congenital. Focal infection of or at calyx or extrarenal pelvis of kidney. Stricture - narrowing of the neck of calyx or extrarenal pelvis. Stone impacted at the neck of extrare...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

Is it true that the size of stone increases after ESWL?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my ESWL done 14 days ago. I was not completely sedated and felt some pain so I was shaking a bit. The day after ESWL, I started feeling severe pain in kidney, irritation and burning in stomach. Pain was dealt with but burning in stomach continued and I was constipated too. Due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) the stone fragments need to be flushed out by the kidney. So, you need to have lots of fluids. Adding a painkiller and an alpha blocker to relax your ureters will help clear the fragments. Pain can occur after ESWL due to...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain while passing urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My weight is 84 kg and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I am experiencing pain while urinating in the outlet of the organ. This is the first time I am getting such a pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. Pain while passing urine can be due to a various number of reasons. It can be due to urinary tract infection or stone in urethra or the bladder or urethral stricture (narrowing of the ur...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for stone in the urinary tract?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same. Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone. Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastr...  Read Full »

I have a kidney stone just six months after a stone surgery. Can you suggest a cure?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old male. Six months back, I underwent a urinary bladder stone surgery. Now everything is fine. Today, I have done a general checkup for follow-up. A USG abdomen scan was done (scan copy attached). The radiologist said there are small calculi in the left and right kidneys...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Once a kidney stone forms, there is a high risk for recurrent formation. But, a surgery will be required if the size becomes significant to prevent spontaneous passage. I suggest j...  Read Full »