Uveitis

Can vitreous cells present in anterior uveitis patients?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with bilateral anterior uveitis two months back. I was put on Pred Forte. After 20 days of which only occasional AC cells were seen in right eye with no flare. Left eye was clear, but few mid vitreous cells were seen which were not present before. Hence, I was still on Pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have anterior uveitis in both eyes. Few vitreous cells can be present in anterior uveitis patient also. Usually, anterior uveitis is in one eye, but if bilateral we investigate them as it was done in your case. So, now you are HLA B27 positive (human leukocy...  Read Full »

What causes sudden blurred vision and light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Around six years ago, I used 0.50 power spectacles for sudden blurred near vision. The same thing happened yesterday. Again, I am feeling sensitivity to light now. There is no pain, fever or eye itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Photophobia or light sensitivity and blurring of near vision could indicate one of the following conditions: Dry eyes. Computer vision syndrome. Uveitis or intraocular inflammation. Ocular migraine. Idiopathic or unknown cause. While first two are benign conditions and re...  Read Full »

Why is there eye redness with pain and headache in uveitis patient?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a uveitis patient. Although my uveitis is under control and vision is good. But from the last three days due to the climate change may be or may be due to the late night sleep and excessive use of laptop whatever cause is, I am having headache and redness along with little bit pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For simple allergic conjunctivitis, you can use over-the-counter lubricants, like 0.5 % Carboxymethylcellulose acetate. They usually settle down on their own and will not cause any harm to the eyes. But an allergy on itself will not cause any pain. I recommend that you...  Read Full »

What would be the differential diagnosis based on the biopsy report of the cheek?

Query: Hello doctor, If the biopsy report of the cheek (buccal mucosa, left) showed chronically inflamed stratified squamous epithelium and underlying fibrous connective tissue which contains a number of irregularly shaped vascular spaces approximately the size of normal capillaries that contain numerous e...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current biopsy results are indicative of a lichenoid type of lesion in the buccal mucosa. This type of picture can be seen due to a variety of causes ranging from allergens to systemic drugs, anything causing irritation (like dentures), etc. Though the presence ...  Read Full »

Can I take Zylopred drops in stead of Vigadexa for the viral infection in my eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye had a viral infection but the doctor gave me Vigadexa, Flur, and Ara drops and infection has been under control after 10 days of medications. Now, there is no discharge, no pain, no red eye but suddenly my vision from the infected eye get severely blurred. As per the doctor, th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know who made the diagnosis of a viral infection? Vigadexa (Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone) and Zylopred (Gatifloxacin Topical and Loteprednol) both contain steroids and are not recommended for viral infections. I really do not f...  Read Full »

Have been getting recurrent redness in the eyes. What will be the reason ?

Query: Hi doctor, For about four years now, I have been getting recurrent redness in the eyes. It starts in one eye at this time of every year. There is no discharge, but stay as a painful red eye. It will go away for a week and then recur for a couple of days before clearing up again. It usually last on a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be uveitis or glaucoma or just conjunctivitis. Is there any family history of glaucoma? Is there any joint pain or what all systemic illness you have? During the episode, do you encounter any drop in vision? Revert back with the answers to the a...  Read Full »

What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?

Query: Hello doctor, I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light....  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities: Corneal epithelial dystrophy. Uveitis. Glaucoma. Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or...  Read Full »

My daughter poked me in the eye and I have pain and redness. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter, by chance, poked her finger in my eye and I got a redness on my left eye, in the white portion. I had little pain for ten minutes and now it is better. I put refresh tears in my eyes as they are otherwise always red due to dry eyes. Can I use the same or do you suggest ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may use Acular LS eye (Ketorolac) drops thrice daily as there may be a mild uveitis For your dry eyes, you may use Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose) as you are using. Having said that, kindly share photos so that I may guide you better. Regards. Revert with m...  Read Full »

My right eye pains, and I see blind spots while doing any activity. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye pains and I see blind spots while doing any activity. And I feel my brain and my eyes are not coordinating. I have vitamin B12 deficiency, for which I take injections.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly get your refractive error checked, as it can cause both your symptoms. A retinal assessment will also be helpful. Can you please elaborate on the brain-eye coordination? Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icli...  Read Full »

How long can uveitis persist before there can be a permanent eye damage?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has been diagnosed with posterior idiopathic uveitis, and she also has type 1 diabetes. The diagnosis was made about six weeks ago, and three weeks ago she was put on Prednisone, but I am not sure. Her eyesight was originally blurred around the periphery, which became clear...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permanent vision damage occurs due to many causes like cystoid macular edema, glaucoma, or neovascularization, leading to retinal detachment. It is tough to comment if any of these will happen to your kid or not. Moreover, it is tough to predict the occurrence of this...  Read Full »