Uveitis

Is glaucoma the only cause of blurred vision with power in eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I might have glaucoma. I have vomiting, loss of consciousness, and blurred vision 6/12 in the right eye and 6/6 in the left eye. All details are in the attached report. I can send photos. I am currently taking medicines for depression.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like you have posterior uveitis. There is a reaction in vitreous and also inflammation in the retina. However, vomiting and blackouts can be due to neurological deficits. Please g...  Read Full »

Why do occasional vision loss occurs in uveitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a disease called uveitis and I visit a doctor every six to seven months for injecting Kenacort 40 mg on each eye when needed or when the inflammation starts again. I want to know that when this procedure is gonna end? Or will I have to go for injections for my enti...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are suffering from uveitis and are on antiglaucoma drops and previously were on immune suppressive tablets. I feel that you may be suffering from an underlying disease that is hampering your immune system, we call these as autoimmune disorders. ...  Read Full »

Are vaginosis, uveitis and back pain related?

Query: HeIlo doctor, In the past several months, I was diagnosed with anterior uveitis in my right eye. Several weeks later, I was also diagnosed in my left eye. In addition, I experienced some achilles heel tendonitis and back pain. I completed the 8 week treatment program (dilating drops for the firs...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you are having recurrent attacks of uveitis. Uveitis is an inflammatory disease of the eye and it can be because of infections, allergies, systemic diseases. Skin diseases like pityriasis can be seen associated with uveitis. However, th...  Read Full »

Are vitreous cells found in anterior uveitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with bilateral anterior uveitis two months back. I was put on Pred Forte. After 20 days of which only occasional AC cells were seen in right eye with no flare. Left eye was clear, but few mid vitreous cells were seen which were not present before. Hence, I was still on Pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have anterior uveitis in both eyes. Few vitreous cells can be present in anterior uveitis patient also. Usually, anterior uveitis is in one eye, but if bilateral we investigate them as it was done in your case. So, now you are HLA B27 positive (human leukocy...  Read Full »

What causes sudden blurred vision and light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Around six years ago, I used 0.50 power spectacles for sudden blurred near vision. The same thing happened yesterday. Again, I am feeling sensitivity to light now. There is no pain, fever or eye itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Photophobia or light sensitivity and blurring of near vision could indicate one of the following conditions: Dry eyes. Computer vision syndrome. Uveitis or intraocular inflammation. Ocular migraine. Idiopathic or unknown cause. While first two are benign conditions and re...  Read Full »

Why is there eye redness with pain and headache in uveitis patient?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a uveitis patient. Although my uveitis is under control and vision is good. But from the last three days due to the climate change may be or may be due to the late night sleep and excessive use of laptop whatever cause is, I am having headache and redness along with little bit pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For simple allergic conjunctivitis, you can use over-the-counter lubricants, like 0.5 % Carboxymethylcellulose acetate. They usually settle down on their own and will not cause any harm to the eyes. But an allergy on itself will not cause any pain. I recommend that you...  Read Full »

What would be the differential diagnosis based on the biopsy report of the cheek?

Query: Hello doctor, If the biopsy report of the cheek (buccal mucosa, left) showed chronically inflamed stratified squamous epithelium and underlying fibrous connective tissue which contains a number of irregularly shaped vascular spaces approximately the size of normal capillaries that contain numerous e...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current biopsy results are indicative of a lichenoid type of lesion in the buccal mucosa. This type of picture can be seen due to a variety of causes ranging from allergens to systemic drugs, anything causing irritation (like dentures), etc. Though the presence ...  Read Full »

Can I take Zylopred drops in stead of Vigadexa for the viral infection in my eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye had a viral infection but the doctor gave me Vigadexa, Flur, and Ara drops and infection has been under control after 10 days of medications. Now, there is no discharge, no pain, no red eye but suddenly my vision from the infected eye get severely blurred. As per the doctor, th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know who made the diagnosis of a viral infection? Vigadexa (Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone) and Zylopred (Gatifloxacin Topical and Loteprednol) both contain steroids and are not recommended for viral infections. I really do not f...  Read Full »

Have been getting recurrent redness in the eyes. What will be the reason ?

Query: Hi doctor, For about four years now, I have been getting recurrent redness in the eyes. It starts in one eye at this time of every year. There is no discharge, but stay as a painful red eye. It will go away for a week and then recur for a couple of days before clearing up again. It usually last on a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be uveitis or glaucoma or just conjunctivitis. Is there any family history of glaucoma? Is there any joint pain or what all systemic illness you have? During the episode, do you encounter any drop in vision? Revert back with the answers to the a...  Read Full »

What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?

Query: Hello doctor, I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light....  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities: Corneal epithelial dystrophy. Uveitis. Glaucoma. Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or...  Read Full »