Q. I am 8 weeks pregnant with thick and bloody vaginal discharge. Is this normal?

Dr. Sangeeta Milap

Currently, I am 7.3 weeks pregnant. Last Monday, I am having vaginal discharge mostly it is thick and in half white color with nominal blood in it. I went to a gynecologist she suggested me a sonography test. We performed the test the reports were normal. I suggested me to take rest but today I was feeling good. So I have done some light work and in the evening there were dark and light brown clots. I have during urination but with no blood or other problem just little leg cramp but nothing else. I want to know why this is happening to me. I am a hypothyroidism patient.

#

Please let me know your last menstrual period date. Also, if discharge is there and it is foul smelling and whitish curd like it is a candida infection. Do take Clingen vaginal tablet locally into the vagina once at bedtime for seven days. Also, take bed rest and tablet Duvadon 10 mg thrice a day for a week and tablet Naturogest (Progesterone soft gelatin capsules) 200 mg twice a day for a week. This is because you are saying there is a slight blood staining. Report to me after you get repeat ultrasonography.

I had my last periods on 19th to 23rd June. I was suffering from UTI whole July. I have gone through the medication and performed test for UTI. Now I am good. Yes, the discharge consistency is like curd creamy in color just today it was in dark brown color, but there is no foul smell.

#

By dates, you should be 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. But your USG (ultrasound) growth shows a fetus of 6 weeks. So the growth of fetus is less. Please take Folvite (folic acid) 5 mg twice a day and Proteinex powder in milk twice a day. Take the treatment for discharge as advised.

|