Candida Infection

The fungal infection caused by an overgrowth of Candida albicans, which are a part of our natural flora, is called candida infection or candidiasis. This infection can affect the mouth, genitals, urinary tract, skin, and mucous membrane.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can you please suggest a cure for the rough skin around my groin?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to wear tight underwear and sometimes used ones a lot. Two days back, I observed that my groin skin is rough and dry. I do not feel any itching. Sometimes I keep my underwear on through the night. Is it the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your concern is a candida yeast infection. It is curable. Start using Lulifin (Luliconazole) cream once daily at bedtime and dust Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole dusting powder) immediately. Use them for 30 days even if there is an improvement. Bath twice a day. Avoid hot ...  Read Full »

What to do about my persistent burning sensation in the vagina for the past month?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried girl. I am 5 feet and 3 inches tall, and my weight is 80 kg. I usually have a white discharge. Now my major problem is that for the past one month, I started to have irritation in my vaginal area. I checked in the mirror, and it was red. I do not know whethe...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to How are you doing? I presume from your history (unmarried) that you are not sexually active or using anything for the same purpose. If you are active, then this could be the sexually transmitted vaginal infection. It will need a full course of antibiotics and antifungal f...  Read Full »

I am pregnant with twins and have been detected with a yeast infection. Is the mucus-like brownish discharge due to the same infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old and 16 weeks pregnant with twins. I had a yeast infection detected two days ago, and the doctor prescribed me Zocon 150 mg and Cansoft 100 mg pessaries. For one week or more, I have faced blood clots like slippery discharge every time I go to pass urine and have lower...  Read Full »

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have vaginal candidiasis from your symptoms and the vaginal swab report (the attachment has been removed to protect the patient's privacy). Cansoft 100 mg pessaries (Clotrimazole) should be used for seven nights, and Zocon (Fluconazole) 150 mg single tablet shou...  Read Full »

Why do I have recurrent sinus and Candida infections?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a sinus infection; before which, I had a viral infection. My doctor is saying that I have a Candida infection. I want to get rid of it. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Candida and viral infections can be treated easily within seven days. There is nothing to worry about. But the main concern is the root cause as to why y...  Read Full »

I have itching in my genital area and white curdly discharge from the area. What could be the reason behind it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had itching in my genital area for three days. I really cannot focus on my other work and feel like scratching there every time. I even scratched the area, and now it burns whenever I urinate. I see some white curdly thing passing every time I wash my area. Prescribe me some med...  Read Full »

Dr. Sangeeta Milap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You seem to be having a fungal infection called Candidiasis. You need to take tablet Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) one tablet twice a day for five days and tablet Forcan (Fluconazole) 150 mg once a week for six weeks. Also, use Candid-B (Beclometasone and Clotr...  Read Full »

What are the white fungus-like lesions on my legs, penis, and scrotum that turns black on drying?

Query: Hello, I have some skin problems in my leg, inner thighs, some areas in my penis, and scrotum. I have had this issue for more than six months. The skin is soft, white, and peeling in the inner thigh area. When the skin is dry, it seems like white fungus. On the penis, some place has peeled skin of...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I went through your history and photos (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). In my opinion, it can be- 1. Inverse psoriasis. 2. Tinea cruris. 3. Candidiasis. I need a few more details to provide a...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for oral thrush?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you look at the picture and tell me if I have an oral thrush?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a depapillation of the tongue. As it is reddish, it seems to be a vitamin B complex deficiency. But, as the pictures are not in natural light, I cannot comment for sure. It can b...  Read Full »

Why am I getting recurring and painful ulcers in my vulval and anal areas during my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. I have had recurring ulcers in my vulval and anal areas for the past four months. When it starts appearing, I can feel the itching. Then after a few days, they become painful. During and five days after my period, it clears out but comes back again after a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hi,Welcome to I understand your concern. I suggest you please send a picture of the lesion. It could be just folliculitis or possibly herpes zoster lesions.  Read Full »

I have been suffering from balanitis for more than two years. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 28 year old male, and I have been suffering from balanitis for more than two years. I have itching under my foreskin of the penis and very small red bubbles on the penis head. Initially, I had pain in the groins, but now there is no pain. I do not have pain on urination and no flu...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Balanitis is a common issue in young males. It can be due to multiple factors such as a fungal infection like candida, viral infections, irritant contact dermatitis to soaps, or use of condoms. Panderm (Clobetasol) has already been banned in few countries. It is a mixtu...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some treatment for redness and pain on the glans.

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness and pain on the glans with whitish skin layer peeling off after a bath. I have been using Candid ointment for about 10 days without much relief. Should I change over to Candid B instead?  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to you do not regularly wash under the foreskin, a cheesy material, called smegma, accumulates. This can become infected and cause irritation. The solution is to wash carefully with warm salty water.If this occurred following sexual intercourse, then this is probably caused...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.