Q. Is it normal to have a lot of vaginal discharge?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I am producing a lot of vaginal discharge. The discharge does have a smell but it is not fishy, kind of smells sweet. I am not sure how to describe it. There is no burning or itchy feeling. It is just uncomfortable with how much I produce and I can smell it. It is also white and clear.

#

Sometimes, increased discharge is normal and is associated with the cycle. During mid-cycle discharge increases and it is clear and watery and non-odorous. If it is not itchy and does not have a smell like fishy odor then it can be observed for a few days. Otherwise, you can take tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times a day for five days to get relief. Also, avoid nylon undergarments and ensure good personal hygiene.

|