Q. What causes recurrent candidiasis?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I have recurrent candidiasis. It appears every month. I have used all the medicines. Kindly assist me.

#

Confirm it whether it is candidiasis. When have you done your last vaginal swab? Do you have your two swabs reporting the same infection? (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Normal vaginal secretions increase during excitement, at ovulation, before menstruation, at fertilization, and genetically. Healthy vaginal flora maintains the pH of the vagina. Overtreating of any infection can harm the healthy flora of the vagina as well as it can weaken the local immune system and you can have abnormal flora more in proportion than a healthy flora. Sit in warm water frequently to reduce pain and irritation. Have strict hygiene. Use soft and comfortable cotton undergarments. Try to have condoms to reduce sexually transmitted infections for some time till you have a reduction in symptoms. Collect HVS (high vaginal swab) report and discuss here or with local Gynecologist. Do not take over treatment as it can cause different symptoms to you. You can have a Canestan thrush pessary (Clotrimazole) per vaginal at bedtime for two to three alternate nights.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|