Q. What is the yellow vaginal discharge after giving birth?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2020

I gave birth to my son three months back. Shortly after the bleeding stopped I had a discharge coming out it had a tinge of yellow to it. A few weeks after that it stopped. It has recently started again. What could it be and should I be worried? It causes some cramping.

#

As now you are experiencing cramps it is better to send this swab for an investigation to a laboratory in form of a high vaginal swab. Collect the reports and discuss here or local gynecologist.

1. Have strict local hygiene. Use condoms for sex to avoid transmission. Soft comfortable undergarments.
  2. Have tablet Doxycycline 100 mg 12 hourly and tablet Metronidazole 400 mg eighthourly for seven days. Only after collection of the vaginal swab.
  3. Have two canesteinpessery each one on an alternate night per vaginal, in case of candidal infection, after taking pessary infection will flow out pervaginally in coming days.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|