Q. What is the yellow vaginal discharge after giving birth?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Jul 11, 2018

I gave birth to my son three months back. Shortly after the bleeding stopped I had a discharge coming out it had a tinge of yellow to it. A few weeks after that it stopped. It has recently started again. What could it be and should I be worried? It causes some cramping.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As now you are experiencing cramps it is better to send this swab for an investigation to a laboratory in form of a high vaginal swab. Collect the reports and discuss here or local gynecologist.

1. Have strict local hygiene. Use condoms for sex to avoid transmission. Soft comfortable undergarments.
  2. Have tablet Doxycycline 100 mg 12 hourly and tablet Metronidazole 400 mg eighthourly for seven days. Only after collection of the vaginal swab.
  3. Have two canesteinpessery each one on an alternate night per vaginal, in case of candidal infection, after taking pessary infection will flow out pervaginally in coming days.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a ST...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted disease. Have one vaginal swab to check in the laboratory to exactly know the organism of infection. Have a strict hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to prevent transmission of infection. After collection of vag...  Read Full

My vagina is always itchy after a period. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I usually have a slight on and off vaginal itching after my periods, for which I consulted a doctor. She advised me to take two tablets of Candiforce 200 and it stopped. However, these days I still have light vaginal itching on and off. My period date is on the 28th. Kindly help as I a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you do a high vaginal swab (HVS) to rule out any infection as it will also tell you which medicines will suit you. Follow up with the report. For more information consult an¬†obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-onlin...  Read Full

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there were few more facts about your aunt regarding the indication for uterus removal, any follow-ups, diabetic status, her sexual life, etc., would have been helpful. At the age of 31 years, the most probable cause is an infection. I put forth the possibilities a...  Read Full