Q. Why am I having thick white and greenish vaginal discharge with itching?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I think I might have an yeast infection, I have thick white discharge, itching, and today the discharge is a little greenish. What should I do?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

If its appearance is like curd, then probably it is yeast and you can take a single dose of tablet Canestein 150 mg to treat it.

| 

So, now the discharge has increased and is green in color, I think I might have been trichomoniasis. What is the exact tablet dosage for that? I read about Metronidazole, but I am not sure about the dosage. Or should I first take the medicine you prescribed and check if it improves. But as it has been there since a month, I think I might need a strong dosage. Please let me know.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If it is smelly, then probably it could be trichomoniasis and if it is curdy then candiasis. Well, you can have treatment for both, that would not be harmful. So, you take tablet Canestein 150 mg as a single dose and then tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times a day for seven days.

| 

Metronidazole three times a day before or after food? And what about the Canestein, do I take it before or after food?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

After food would be the best choice for both tablets.

| 

I had unprotected oral sex and a few days later I am having itching. Could it be an STD?

Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago, I had oral sex with a man, without using a condom. A few days later, my labia was swollen and itchy. Now, I have a sore throat. My discharge is normal. Is there a possibility that I might have contracted an STD? And, I am only going to a clinic two days from now. Is it t...  Read Full »

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full »

I have cheesy vaginal discharge with itching and burning. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from an infection of the vagina. I have cheesy discharges, itching, burning, and it is very uncomfortable. Please suggest some medicines.  Read Full »