Q. What is the reason for vaginal itching?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 24 years old now. I had non-penetrative sex with two boys of my age separately when I was 9 years old. Now, I am having vaginal itching for the past one week. What is the reason?

#

Any form of sex had many years back will not cause an itch now.

Most likely it seems to be yeast infection and simple antifungal cream should suffice.

However, if itching is intense or you have discharge along with it you may need more treatment. Hope this information helps you.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I also have white discharge. What can be the reason?

#

Vaginal itching and discharge usually indicates yeast infection. It is pretty common and simple to treat.

You can use mild antifungal ointments like Candid V gel (Clotrimazole). Apply it two to three times a day.

• If it does not help then let me know. So, we can start oral and vaginal tablets.
  • Also, it would be a good idea to soak all your underwears in Dettol solution for half an hour and then washing it with usual detergent. This will prevent any reinfection.
  • You can also use feminine hygiene products such as V wash (vaginal wash) daily for washing your private area. Try using these tips. They should definitely help.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you doctor. I will do as you said.

#

Welcome and all the best dear. Hope you get well soon.

Is there a possibility to get STD after marriage?

#

• Simple yeast infection can be transmitted to your husband but it is a not a STD (sexually transmitted disease).
  • Do not worry about your current status. This is a common infection and nothing to be worried about.
  • Other infections such as bacterial vagina, etc., are also common, but do not get transmitted.

If you practice safe and hygienic sexual practice then you will be safe and should not have any problem.

In future whenever I suffer from any health problem, I will consult you definitely.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

Yes, sure. Happy to help you. Stay healthy.

|