What could be the small raise on my vaginal opening?

Q. What could be the small raise on my vaginal opening?

Answered by
Dr. Talpe Ashwini Nanasaheb
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 01, 2022

Hello doctor,

A couple of weeks ago, I found a very small raise on my vaginal opening, much like a skin tag. I noticed the rise because of the burning sensation that was coming from that area. Since then, I have noticed that the bump has not grown bigger or smaller but has started burning the day I got my period and the day after sex. The only thing that makes it feel better is a cold rag or ice. What could this be?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

It could be a boil that is an infection of hair follicles over the pubis, or it could be due to local irritation. It would be better if you shared the images of the lesion so that I can suggest medicine.

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the reply.

Here is the best picture I could get. The circle is around the part that is irritated. Another thing that I have noticed is that it burns when I clean it with soap. I have found an unscented soap that does not make it burn.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

It looks like it is due to irritation and friction. Please use warm water and V wash to clean the perineal area. I suggest applying Soframycin (Framycetin sulfate) cream locally for relief. It should heal in five days. Observe for two to three days. If symptoms are not relieved, then get back. Another thing is to avoid friction of sanitary napkins; use a soft cotton napkin.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Please look at the picture I have attached and tell me if it is an STD.

.. the reports and photos of the complaint. Revert with more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> .. ...   Read full

My hemorrhoids have popped and are bleeding. What are the medications I should take?

.. your concern with hemorrhoids. In this condition, taking some topical treatments using local anesthetic ointment, mild astringents such as witch hazel, and corticosteroid creams help a lot. You can use Anodan HC rectal suppository or 0.   Read full

I have a knot that keeps coming up just on the outside of my vagina.It hurts really bad.Is it something serious?

Hi doctor, What should be the AFP level in the triple marker test? In the triple marker test, we had a high level of AFP 174 at 18 weeks. Should we be worried? The hCG is 73382, and estriol is 0.88. What to do next just got the report, and very tense.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.